Google
 

Monday 10 March 2008

Yes, my blog looks good in this!

Folks, I'm feeling a tiny little bit ashamed to put up another post full of self-praise instead of showing wonderful creations coming out of my kitchen. However, let's face it, there isn't much coming out of my kitchen at the moment apart from sandwiches and the odd soup for a bit more sustenance. Considering these culinary deprived times, I'm all the more happy to announce that I've won one of the host's awards at this February's DoesMyBlogLookGoodInThis!

My thanks go to host Jennifer of Bake or Break - I feel very honoured to get this much sought-after badge! Check out her round-up to see more droolworthy pics. Click here to see all the pictures submitted this month. If you'd like to participate next time, Sabra of CookbookCatchall not only is the overall winner but also the host of the March edition.

And in case you're getting a sudden craving for soft pretzels, here's how to make them!

16 comments:

Andreea said...

well done. congratulations! (ps: i loooooooooooove pretzels!)

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Congratulations! That picture looks great and the food terrific!

Cheers,

Rosa

Patricia Scarpin said...

Congratulations, Eva! Well deserved!

Aparna Balasubramanian said...

Congratulations, Eva. You and your blog deserve it.

Meeta K. Wolff said...

Simply awesome Eva. That Pretzel does look too good. Congrats!

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Super Awesome Eva! Congratulations!

Eva said...

Thank you, guys, it's really appreciated! Although I feel terribly bad for not being able to post something new these days...

Elle said...

Congrats Eva! This is a stunning photo and a great composition. Good thing you included the recipe :)

Mandy said...

congratulations for the well deserved win!

Anonymous said...

Dear Eva, Congratulations! I am so happy I got lucky and find such an interesting blog; it's elegant and refreshing. As for the photo, the lighting is perfect, the colors too, not to mention the beautifully composed blue, it's just perfect. All the best of luck! Ibrahim al-Rajab.

Y said...

Congrats Eva! I love that picture, and the accompanying recipe :)

Half Baked said...

Congrats!! Great photo. The pretzel looks wonderful:)

Eva said...

Hi guys, thanks so much for stopping by and leaving nice comments even after such a long absence! It`s really appreciated!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Picture! I will need to take some food photography lessons from you!

Sophie
Blogger In Chief
Key Ingredient

SteamyKitchen said...

Congrats! I've never tried making pretzels before, but my kids love them sooo much.

Eva said...

You´re too kind, Sophie! Very often, I feel that I´d like to become an apprentice with a real food photographer. Still so much to learn...

Hi Steamy Kitchen! I can really relate to that - in Germany, pretzels are so popular that you see them practically everywhere.