Google
 

Saturday 17 May 2008

Time to change...

... and to catch up on homework - to say the least! Whilst I'm busy pondering about how to give this blog a different look before (hopefully) resuming my usual blogging routine, it's high time that I display all the wonderful badges I've been given over the last few months! This post is going to get a permanent home in the sidebar under "Fame and (no) Fortune".

Just around the time when my blog turned one year old, I got this wonderful birthday present: My dear friend and fellow blogger Nora of Life's Smorgasbord awarded me this yummy badge for being a 'droolworthy blogger'. Thank you, Nora!

Only a little later, I was thrilled to win in several categories of Jugalbandi's Click event: My photo of floating noodles won in 'originality', made the overall second place, and got the much appreciated readers' choice award. I couldn't have been happier about the outcome!


Earlier this year, Margot of Coffee&Vanilla nominated me for the 'inspiring food photography' award, and lucky me - I won the public online poll! Now I can proudly display this lovely badge, makes me want to start baking right now..;-)


Around the same time, I was lucky enough to win one of the host awards at the DoesMyBlogLookGoodInThis competition. Jennifer of Bake or Break liked my soft pretzels, and I'm so glad she did! I just hope to bake more, photograph more, and blog more, so I can enter this amazing competition again.




And last but not least, it's time to proudly display my Daring Baker's badge - check out the amazing number of daring bakers worldwide!

12 comments:

Nora B. said...

Hi Eva,
Small steps are good! If we wait for "big" changes, it may take too long. I too will hopefully post something. I'm not clever enough to make any changes to my template unfortunately. I don't even know how to inset the google search bar- sigh! Great to see that you posted your awards. Congratulations again, they are all well-deserved.

I look forward to tasting your baking adventures ;-)

ciao,
Nora

Eva said...

Hi Nora,

So glad to see that you're still paying attention to this blog - not sure if there are any regular readers left after such a long break..;-)

I can show you how to insert the google bar (that's super simple), I just wished I knew how to display bades in the sidebar with my old template - it's a nightmare...

Anyway, aside from technical issues, I at least have some more culinary projects going on so stay tuned!

Y said...

Oh my goodness, you're back! Hope you have a great time away :)

Eva said...

Thanks for coming back, Y!

I've had a wonderful wedding - and now I'll have to see if I've forgotten everything about food photography in the meantime...

Anonymous said...

welcome back :D

Y said...

Eva, naw, it's all just like riding a bicycle! ;P

Aparna Balasubramanian said...

Really nice to see you back, Eva.
Some skills are never forgotten so I'm looking forward to your posts.
Btw, I'm totally ignorant when it comes technical computer related stuff. I have been trying to change a few things and this is a site that helped. Maybe it will be useful to you.
http://tips-for-new-bloggers.blogspot.com/

Eva said...

Thanks for coming back, Sketchy!

Y - I hope you're right..;-)

Thanks for this hint, Aparna! I'll have a look into it cos I would love to change sooo many things, designing a new header photo, putting on wallpaper, displaying my labels properly - well, that's gonna take a while, I guess...

Cookie baker Lynn said...

Congrats on all the awards! Each is well deserved. Will you posting any wedding pics? I know how a wedding can take over your life. My daughter's is a month away.

You should make the miche. Once you figure out the verbage, it's not difficult. It tastes a lot like a German bread to me.

Looking forward to lots more inspiring material on your blog.

Eva said...

Thanks Lynn! Your comment just made me think about putting the over-due report about the wedding on my blog so my German friends will finally get to know the details...

Still haven't revived my sourdough culture but I should plan making the miche - if just for that purpose..;-)

Good luck with your daughter's wedding!

Y said...

Eva, I've been posting quite a bit lately because I'm currently on holiday and have been using the time to use my long neglected recipe books! I too would love to see some of your wedding photos when you get time to put them up :)

Eva said...

Y, it's done..;-)